Remember to apply for grants for food and energy
If your child receives free school meals
You are entitled to a Household Support Fund grant, this will be at least £120 and could be more if you have more children.
Payments are £15 per child, per week for the school holidays, including half terms and Easter. You will be back paid to October half term if you’ve not already applied.
Open to all struggling with costs
Grants for £120 to help pay for food or energy bills are open for applications to anymore who is struggling with money.
You can apply through Age UK Berkshire or Citizens Advice Wokingham.
Other cost of living help
- Cost of living help hub
- Foodbanks and help with other essentials
- Free airfryers, slow cookers and other low-energy items if you’re struggling with money
- Warm spaces map
- Help with household bills
- Budgeting tools and financial help
- Save money on childcare
- Grants for home improvements to keep your home warmer
If you’re not struggling but want to help others who are, donate to the Surviving Winter crowdfund, giving £50 is like giving £150 due to match funding.