Emmbrook Junior School is a fully inclusive school. Inclusion looks at the needs of all pupils, including children with:
- Specific learning difficulties
- Emotional and behavioural difficulties
- EAL (English as and Additional Language)
- And pupils considered to be Gifted and Talented
At Emmbrook Junior School we follow the principles of Inclusion as laid down in the Code of Practice for Special Educational Needs 2014:
- To ensure all pupils are offered full access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
- All pupils will be given the opportunity to reach their full potential educationally, emotionally, and physically
- All teachers view themselves as teachers of pupils with special educational needs, teaching such pupils is a whole school responsibility
- All pupils with special educational needs should have their needs met
- Pupil’s special educational needs will normally be met in the mainstream classroom
- Pupil’s views should be sought and taken into account
- Parents/carers have a vital role to play in supporting their child’s education and therefore good home/school links are established
For further information about how Emmbrook Junior School ensures that the needs of all pupils are met please read our Parent Pamphlet: Emmbrook Parent Pamphlet.
SEN Information Report: SEN Information Report
SEN Policy: SEN Policy.